Ecommerce entrepreneurs are faced with skyrocketing shipping container prices of over $20,000 per container from Shanghai to Long Beach.
What’s the reason?
According to supply chain expert and consultant Lars Jensn,”The problem right now is predominantly one of capacity.”
“Ocean freight capacity is being heavily curtailed by congestion, with equipment tied up both on land and at sea” according to Freight Waves.
The causes of congestion keep coming: from the lack of containers available for shipments, to the Covid closings in China at the Yantian and Ningbo ports, to the ocean vessel stuck at the Suez Canal, to the numerous delays off the port of Long Beach – it’s been a domino effect in escalating the capacity problem.
As you may have expected due to the supply chain challenges, the impact is already felt in back-to-school supplies.
“It’s back-to-school shopping season — and product shortages, which have affected everything from furniture to chicken wings, are hitting school supplies” according to WCPO news..
Walmart is struggling with supply shortages of products such as Disney backpacks.
It looks like we will see fewer deep discounted products like $0.10 spiral notebooks because supplies will be tight.
I believe this is the canary in the coal mine.
This Q4 I expect many holiday products to be in short supply given the Perfect Storm we’re facing now.
You’re probably asking how can I Navigate this “Perfect Storm” to win in Q4?
As we navigate through the ecom “Perfect Storm”, I have invited over 30 7 Figure Amazon Sellers and Ecom experts to share the latest strategies on how to overcome the logistics challenges and high shipping rates so you can win in Q4.
On day 5 (today) you will also learn how to prepare for an exit from 7 and 8 Figure sellers who’ve done it, as well as what NOT to do so you don’t leave money on the table as you maximize your business valuation.
Here are some things you may have missed recently:
- *BREAKING* Due to Covid-19, China has shut down terminal at Ningbo Port, 5th busiest port in the world
- Mobile Ecommerce market share growing and expected to double to $359 B in the US by 2025
- Tips for Selling on Amazon FBA in 2021 from 7 and 8 Figure Sellers (Replay)
- 30 min call with VA hiring expert Gilad Freimann to answer your VA questions and help you find a rockstar VA for your Amazon business (Sponsored by VAA Philippines)
- Get $400 in Free FBA reimbursements from GETIDA (Sponsored by GETIDA)
- Here’s your ticket to selling on Amazon Globally (Sponsored message from Zonguru)
- Selling Your First Business: A Guide For FBA Sellers (Sponsored by Thrasio)
Have a great weekend!
PS: Over 3,000 people have signed up for 7FSS – don’t miss out on the last day – we will have a live Q&A Recap webinar tonight 8/20 at 6pm EST but only if you register for a free pass